How do you deal with depression?

Home Forums Chat Room How do you deal with depression?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Apple Apple 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Molly
    Molly
    Participant

I’m in no way trying to seek attention. And please don’t say see a counselor. I need to figure this out my own way. I’ve had my ups and downs where I’d be at the lowest of lows, questioning everything I had done and why I exist, or what my purpose was. I had thought of myself as useless and a waste of space in society because I couldn’t even at that point pick my head up to do some homework or put an effort into things. Later on I would fight it and constantly force a smile and eventually get better but ultimately after a few months just fall right back to depression. I’m sick of going back and forth and I just want to find a way to be happy for the most part. Can someone help?

Alice
    Alice
    Participant

One thing you might want to try is a support group for individuals going through the trials of divorce. This way you want feel so alone. Another is to try a psychologist who can help you work on your issues. One thing about this type of doctor is they can’t prescribe medication. I’m not saying you need or don’t need medication. I have depression and learned it’s a disease. It’s not something I could wish away. I’ve done individual therapy, support groups and for me medication has worked. It took several times trying different types before my body would adjust. It’s not the medication that’s the problem it’s the side effects most people have. You might want to try exercises which release endorphins. Whatever you choose just keep working on yourself. In the long run it’s you who help yourself. You’re not alone in your struggle.

Kate
    Kate
    Participant

Im suffeeing from depression and anxiety as well. I did not want to admit it , but it got to the point i couldnt even leave the bed. and my body always was in pain so i was sure i was sick. I seeked help and it was helpful just to hear someone say that it is nothing weird what you are going through. It is hard but a lot of people are going rhrough the same. i didnt like the therapist so i changed it, but the pills i was having for a month helped me. I suffered from insomnia and panic attacks so it calmed me down and i could relax at least. I am still not 100% my own, but I am functional and have more strenght. Oh and there is no shame in to seeking medical help too, many people have gone that route before. all the best

Milka
    Milka
    Participant

Hello, I have suffered from anxiety and last year I suffered from depression. I was at my lowest and it was one of the hardest times of my life. I can honestly say that it will get better no matter how much it feels like it won’t. The advice I can give to you from my experience is to keep going! Try and distract yourself from your thoughts by watching something you enjoy. Remind yourself that you are a good person and you have lots of people around you who love and care for you. Talk to someone , it does help. Weirdly I find it easier to talk to someone I’m not going to see often so I won’t be reminded of the situation constantly but also someone you trust. Focus on something like a hobby or work. I ended up planning a business , something I could learn from and feel like I was bettering myself at the same time. Set yourself an a goal .. For me it was to move back to my home town and until I could do so I filled my time with anything I could do to keep my mind busy. Good luck :bye:

Clea
    Clea
    Participant

Never think about yourself as useless or unnecessary. You were born and it was not accidentally. If I knew exactly whether you are a believer, I would say that God has a plan for you. But if you don’t believe in God, it will not convince you. But people who love and need you can make you sure that you are not useless. Each person is a star to light up the world. One star cannot light up the whole world, of course, but it easily can make somebody’s life shine brightly, can help to get warmer. But unfortunately many stars forget to shine and start to think that they are useless. Just think about it. And never give up, you will have everything you want someday

Wilma
    Participant

Depression is a common condition for each woman with such diagnosis. If I didn` have a husband, I would rather be in depression too. However there are several things that helped me to deal with it. Firstly, this illness can be cured. Another thing is that if you can not treat it at all you can adopt a child or find a surrogate mother. Also, you can find the way of destruction. Do you have any hobbies? Do you have friends? Husband? All these things can help you to bit the depression. Also go to the gym or some sort of a sport club. It could not only interesting and entertaining but can also help to lead the healthy lifestyle. There are so any ways out of depression. You just need to pick up one.

Eva
    Participant

For me love and care is very important during depression. They help me a lot so my advice is to turn to friends and family members who make you feel loved and cared for. Spend time talking and listening face-to-face with trusted people and share what you’re going through. The people you talk to don’t have to be able to fix you; they just need to be good listeners. Ask for the help and support you need. You may have retreated from your most treasured relationships, but emotional connection can get you through this tough time.

Claudia
    Participant

Depression begins when something goes wrong, not as we wish. But we shouldn’t close ourselves in room in this period. Try to keep up with social activities even if you don’t feel like it. Often when you’re depressed, it feels more comfortable to retreat into your shell, but being around other people will make you feel less depressed.

Leyla
    Participant

For me it is very important to solve the problem together with someone else. For this I usually join the support group. My advice to you is to join a support group for depression. Being with others dealing with depression can go a long way in reducing your sense of isolation. You can also encourage each other, give and receive advice on how to cope, and share your experiences.

gloria
    Participant

I think that when depression comes we shouldn’t give up and start to move! When you’re depressed, just getting out of bed can seem like a daunting task, let alone exercising. But exercise is a powerful tool for dealing with depression. In fact, major studies show that regular exercise can be as effective as antidepressant medication at increasing energy levels and decreasing feelings of fatigue.

Saglara
    Participant

There are a lot of ways to get rid of depression. Only those who don’t have the wish to get rid from it give up and do nothing. You can put on some music and dance around the house, take your dog for a walk, use the stairs rather than an elevator, park your car in the farthest spot in the lot, pair up with an exercise partner. All this makes you move more and feel less depressed.

Katy
    Participant

I think that positive thinking helps a lot in everything that happens to us. Depression puts a negative spin on everything, including the way you see yourself, the situations you encounter, and your expectations for the future. But you can’t break out of this pessimistic mind frame by “just thinking positive.” Happy thoughts or wishful thinking won’t cut it. Rather, the trick is to replace negative thoughts with more balanced thoughts.

Mary
    Participant

Do you have things that you like to do and that give you some kind of relaxation? In order to overcome depression, you have to do things that relax and energize you. This includes following a healthy lifestyle, learning how to better manage stress, setting limits on what you’re able to do, adopting healthy habits, and scheduling fun activities into your day.

Messy
    Participant

I am for a healthy lifestyle and healthy habits. I think that what we eat has a great impact on our general health and mental health is not an ecception. Aim for a balanced diet of low-fat protein, complex carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables. Reduce your intake of foods that can adversely affect your brain and mood, such as caffeine, alcohol, trans fats, saturated fats. Think this will improve you health condition and your mood will be good. As the result you will get rid of depression.

Irena
    Participant

Depression requires a lot of time. If you have depression this means you have a lot of free time. So to avoid this you can choose to do things that you used to enjoy. Pick up a former hobby or a sport you used to like. Express yourself creatively through music, art, or writing. Go out with friends. Take a day trip to a museum, the mountains, or the ballpark. Push yourself to do things, even when you don’t feel like it. You might be surprised at how much better you feel once you’re out in the world. Even if your depression doesn’t lift immediately, you’ll gradually feel more upbeat and energetic as you make time for fun activities.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.