How do you deal with depression?

Home Forums Chat Room How do you deal with depression?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Apple Apple 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Monica
    Monica
    Participant

I am not diagnosed with depression but i have had episodes of it. when i am depressed i don’t want to be near anybody because i would rather spend my days alone. i hate coming near people. i am married and have two girls. my husband has been my support. even when i want to be alone during my episodes he never lets me. instead he always forces me to talk with him. eventually i end up laughing because he always makes me laugh and i get over it. i hate depression but i still get episodes and i deal with it. nobody can tell you how to get over it because essentially you are the only person that knows yourself best. the best advice i can give you is to stay around positive people that can help you overcome this. i don’t think people can get over depression but you can make it better. i have my husband, my two girls and God to thank for getting me through my depression episodes.

Bridget
    Bridget
    Participant

If you’re like most people, some days just rock. Sometimes you feel superhuman, other times it can just feel like something is just missing. For example, most people know that low amounts of sleep make them perform poorly, and that’s just a part of life, or they believe that in order to be thin, you should just get used to being hungry all the time. Studies have shown that when choose to redirect your attention to the positive, your serotonin levels increase. It’s been known for years that your thoughts can alter blood flow to the brain, but only recently have scientists discovered that how you think can also alter neurotransmitter levels. Meditation has been shown to increase dopamine levels, and feelings of happiness also alter serotonin levels in your brain.Low serotonin receptor function is associated with poor mood, and high serotonin levels are associated with better mood. Basically, while low serotonin may cause you to feel sad, feeling happy may also increase your serotonin levels. It’s not clear which is more powerful, but one way to increase serotonin may be through psychotherapy methods like cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation, and my personal favorite, HeartMath training.Doing Heart Math training literally strengthens the part of your brain responsible for turning on the “happy state.”

Phoebe
    Phoebe
    Participant

First of all you need to find an exact reason of your depression. You should think what exactly makes you so depressed. Try to change something in your life, change what you don’t like and make what you like. Maybe you need to change work place or get out of a relationships. Find new hobby, change your daily routine. Try yoga or meditation, they are really effective, they help to organize thoughts, yoga also helps to keep body fit. As for me I like running in the morning. I take my earphones and music and go run for 2 hours. At 5 am there are no people outside, so I feel like I’m the only one on Earth. I breathe fresh air and organise my thoughts or just think about nothing and enjoy my running.

Phoebe
    Phoebe
    Participant

Stress is the part of our life. Of course there are some cases when we just can’t be happy, we need some time to cry or be sorry for ourselves. We have only one life, only one chance to live it in happiness. Don’t waste the chance on stress and depression. Look around! As for me I love to spend time with my boyfriend, we have fun and forget about everything in the world. We just enjoy ourselves and nothing matters. It can be simple watching of the movie but still we relax because we are together, everything fine and it’s enough to forget about stress and troubles.

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

If i feel that soon i will fall into depression, i tell myself – stop! No depression! Only positive thinking!
    I know by my own that depressions don’t happen without any reason. And i know that to stay away from anxiety and depressions, person just needs to abstract from the problem which can lead to depression and watch this situation like from the side, like it happened not with you, but with another person. And then the decision what to do will come immediately…
    Because when you keep thinking with cold head, you don’t get into panic, this is a very good way! I advice to try it, when you have problems, girls!

Klara
    Klara
    Participant

As FOR ME last year I suffered from depression. I was at my lowest and it was one of the hardest times of my life. I can honestly say that it will get better no matter how much it feels like it won’t. The advice I can give to you from my experience is to keep going! Try and distract yourself from your thoughts by watching something you enjoy. Remind yourself that you are a good person and you have lots of people around you who love and care for you. Talk to someone , it does help. Weirdly I find it easier to talk to someone I’m not going to see often so I won’t be reminded of the situation constantly but also someone you trust. Focus on something like a hobby or work. I ended up planning a business , something I could learn from and feel like I was bettering myself at the same time.

Daria
    Participant

Im suffeeing from depression and anxiety as well. I did not want to admit it , but it got to the point i couldnt even leave the bed. and my body always was in pain so i was sure i was sick. I seeked help and it was helpful just to hear someone say that it is nothing weird what you are going through. It is hard but a lot of people are going rhrough the same. i didnt like the therapist so i changed it, but the pills i was having for a month helped me. I suffered from insomnia and panic attacks so it calmed me down and i could relax at least. I am still not 100% my own, but I am functional and have more strenght. Oh and there is no shame in to seeking medical help too, many people have gone that route before.

Ana
    Ana
    Participant

i think that it is natural that you have stress and to my mind you just can not avoid it, because it is really very difficult to accept it and you are really very tired. but i think that there are a lot of ways to get rid of this stress and to my mind you just have to want to get rid of it and everything would be alright. the first think i can advise you is to spend a lot of time with your friends i think that you would forget about all your problems and just enjoy the atmosphere. it is really very helpful. you may also take up a new hobby, and you will also forget about the time and will have fun.

Donna
    Participant

. You were born and it was not accidentally. If I knew exactly whether you are a believer, I would say that God has a plan for you. But if you don’t believe in God, it will not convince you. But people who love and need you can make you sure that you are not useless. Each person is a star to light up the world. One star cannot light up the whole world, of course, but it easily can make somebody’s life shine brightly, can help to get warmer. But unfortunately many stars forget to shine and start to think that they are useless. Just think about it. And never give up, you will have everything you want someday

Mila
    Mila
    Participant

it is a very common problem and you have to be ready for it. even if you are very active and you are very positive it would touch you, you can not avoid it because it is stress. and every stress causes tiredness. let yourself relax a lot and in such a way you would make the process of recovery and getting rid of stress and depression faster. lie in the bad and do not overwhelm your organism with difficult physical exercises. follow your doctor’s advice and you will notice that stress is the problem you may fast get rid of. ask your relatives you help you with the things which are difficult for you. do not overwhelm your mind with negative thoughts.

Apple
    Apple
    Participant

As for me I’ve had my ups and downs where I’d be at the lowest of lows, questioning everything I had done and why I exist, or what my purpose was.
    I had thought of myself as useless and a waste of space in society because I couldn’t even at that point pick my head up to do some homework or put an effort into things. Later on I would fight it and constantly force a smile and eventually get better but ultimately after a few months just fall right back to depression. I’m sick of going back and forth and I just want to find a way to be happy for the most part.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.