How do you deal with PCOS infertility?

Home Forums Chat Room How do you deal with PCOS infertility?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Apple Apple 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kate
    Kate
    Participant

I have just been diagnosed with PCOS. I’m 30. I am THIN and NOT insulin resistant. I have high level of Testosterone – unknown cause.High levels of testosterone are one of the symptoms/signs of PCOS. Its due to the hormone irregularities I have. I usually have low progesterone, and high levels of testosterone and estrogen – that is why my cycle are all messed up. Hormonal irregularities can also increase risk (PCOS women in general have a 40% chance of m/c during the first trimester) however checking progesterone level immediately have get a positive pregnancy test, then supplementing with progesterone if levels are low will help lower risk of m/c.
    What are my chances of getting pregnant? I’m so scared!Do you have any success stories for women with non IR PCOS who aren’t overweight?

Alice
    Alice
    Participant

You do not have to have insulin resistance to be diagnosed with PCOS. There are plenty of thin women with PCOS. Insulin resistance is common in PCOS, but not everyone has it.Yes, high levels of testosterone are one of the symptoms/signs of PCOS. Its due to the hormone irregularities we have. We usually have low progesterone, and high levels of testosterone and estrogen – that is why our cycles are all messed up.
    Yes, I have spoken with hundreds of women over the years, many were not IR and went to have successful pregnancies.
    Your chances are probably better than those with IR. IR causes additonal problems with our cycles and actually hurts our eggs, increasing our chance of miscarriages. It is possible to get PG with PCOS

Milka
    Milka
    Participant

PCOS is a disorder that is associated with infertility. In PCOS women, there is an imbalance of hormones that can affect a woman’s fertility. Many women with PCOS have difficulty ovulating, which is the reason why doctors usually prescribe fertility treatments. Whether or not you will be able to conceive will depend upon your condition. I conceived without any other fertility treatment and I think that it was because I tried to live a very healthy lifestyle. I was in great shape, and it was just months after I tried taking BC for the regulation of my cycles. Should you decide to have a baby, you can consult an OB Endocrinologist if you still didn’t get pregnant after a while of trying. With modern medicine, anything is possible. Good luck!

Molly
    Molly
    Participant

While dealing with poly cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is definitely a multi-faceted issue, and each woman has their own symptoms and causes, there are a few things that may help get it under control. It took me many months to finally figure out what my body needed (and what it didn’t want!) but I’m now able to better balance my hormones and I know what some of my specific symptoms require to get rid of them. Since going from ovulating once, maybe twice, each year to regular cycles, let’s just say I’m a bit enthusiastic about changing our diets and how we treat our bodies!AVOID FACTORY MEAT AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS. Because estrogen dominance is very often associated with PCOS, it’s best to stick with organic animal products as conventional animals are often given hormone shots and the excess estrogens are stored in the fat and meat. Ingesting hormones is causing major issues with our bodies, whether it be PMS, infertility, or menopause. The more organic/grass-fed meat we can buy the better of we’ll be. Organic isn’t always the answer as many large organic farms just feed organic grain instead of allowing them to eat their natural diet, but if that’s all you can find – it’s better than conventional!

Monica
    Monica
    Participant

no its doesnt mean your infertile. I have PCOS got diagnosed last feb – Mine is where i have cysts on both ovaries LOADS and none of the cysts contain eggs but apparently im not infertile – I had a miscarriage in march THATS WHAT YOU HAVE TO BE CONCERND ABOUT most people with PCOS tend to have miscarriages but do go on to have healthy pregnancies. I have been trying to conceive for the last 3 months but this month im about a week late but get negative HPTS. I’m going doctor on monday to get medication for PCOS to help me conceive. answer to your question having PCOS doesnt mean you are infertile but it is a possibility I hope your not and good luck

Bridget
    Bridget
    Participant

In most cases, fertility problems in women with PCOS result from the absence of ovulation (anovulation), but anovulation may not be the only reason for these problems. Before beginning treatment for infertility possibly related to PCOS, be sure that your health care provider rules out other causes.Lifestyle changes, such as losing weight, can trigger body changes that facilitate conception in women with PCOS. Your health care provider may recommend that you try weight loss and other lifestyle changes before trying any medications to see if fertility returns and pregnancy occurs naturally. Research shows that lifestyle changes can help restore ovulation and improve pregnancy rates among women with PCOS. In one study of 11 women with PCOS who had menstrual dysfunction and lost more than 5% of their initial weight, nine either became pregnant or had their menstrual cycles become more regular.

Daria
    Participant

Pretending that the problem does not exist, you do not help the majority of couples. Please cope with their feelings about infertility, deal with their expectations grandchildren reconsider their views on conception, pregnancy and medical intervention. Can you really support your child / sister / friend in her choice of treatment and the doctor, her decision on adoption or its decision not to have children? Are you ready for any changes in your relationship? Interest among couples about how being treated, and how they feel. This will show your interest and support, regardless of the decision, which will take a couple. If they do not want to discuss the course of treatment, do not ask them about it. At least they will know that you understand the significance of this experience in their lives.

Ana
    Ana
    Participant

sometimes it is very difficult but you have to treat it. i do not even think that just diet plan will help you get rid of your all problems and you will get pregnant to my mind it is just impossible and you can not o it so easy. of course there were such cases when women change their diet and got pregnant but i think that such cases are rather rare and you do not have to hope for it. of course together ith the treatment it would be very helpful if you will change your diet but alone i do not think that it will work, but you may try. if it will help you then you would be happy mother and wife. good luck.

Donna
    Participant

as for me I have PCOS got diagnosed last feb – Mine is where i have cysts on both ovaries LOADS and none of the cysts contain eggs but apparently im not infertile – I had a miscarriage in march most people with PCOS tend to have miscarriages but do go on to have healthy pregnancies. I have been trying to conceive for the last 3 months but this month im about a week late but get negative HPTS.
    I’m going doctor on monday to get medication for PCOS to help me conceive. answer to your question having PCOS doesnt mean you are infertile

Mila
    Mila
    Participant

i know that it is very hard but you do not have to lose hope. becoming a mother is really necessary for every woman in our world, the question is when the time comes . there exist so many different ways of becoming parents that is why i even do not worry about it. adopt the child if you want to make a good thing and to make this world kinder.gentic does not play any role in your life, you will raise this child in the way you want and you would be example for him or her. it is a very serious step but it is definitely worth it, children are great. when you adopt the child you see his or her happy eyes, the child has a family. my partner and i decided to start our journey and to adopt the child.

Apple
    Apple
    Participant

In PCOS women, there is an imbalance of hormones that can affect a woman’s fertility. Many women with PCOS have difficulty ovulating, which is the reason why doctors usually prescribe fertility treatments. Whether or not you will be able to conceive will depend upon your condition. I conceived without any other fertility treatment and I think that it was because I tried to live a very healthy lifestyle. I was in great shape, and it was just months after I tried taking BC for the regulation of my cycles. Should you decide to have a baby, you can consult an OB Endocrinologist if you still didn’t get pregnant after a while of trying. With modern medicine, anything is possible.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.