How do you know you've found your true love?

Home Forums Chat Room How do you know you've found your true love?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Apple Apple 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bridget
    Bridget
    Participant

Being “in love” is the fluttery feeling of excitement and chemical reaction in the brain. You would think about them all the time, look forward to seeing them and send them communications all the time.LOVING someone is a very different thing. It often comes after “being in love” but not always and it’s got a lot more to do with a decision to behave in a particular way toward a particular person, than a feeling that you might have.When the two of you can just sit in silence, perfectly content with each other.And you wouldn’t trade these moments for anything.How do you know you’ve found your true love?

Monica
    Monica
    Participant

The first and foremost thing that one needs to realize is that there is no universal definition of Love but in order to know the answer to this question you do need to have a definition of Love. How can you answer a question if you don’t understand a critical piece of it? Then how do you proceed?Having realized this problem, the second thing then for everyone who is seriously looking for an answer to this question is to realize that the only way to proceed is by developing their own definition of love. Not something fuzzy but a very crisp definition which he/she can write down on a piece of paper. Which he/she can explain to others. If you can’t put your understanding of love into words then it is unlikely that you have given it enough thought. While doing this exercise, be truthful to yourself. Whatever definition you create, always ask yourself – Would you like to live with a person who follows your definition of love?Lastly, having developed your definition of Love. You only have to check whether your feelings and actions towards the specific person are in sync with that definition. If so, then you are in love.

Molly
    Molly
    Participant

Perhaps when you check off all the things below (and more) then you’ve arrived at the TRUE LOVE station:I love you, not because you make me feel how I deserve to feel.I love you, not because I’m scared of being alone.I love you, not because you’re better than the last person.I love you, not because my friends or parents like you.I love you, not because you can do things for me.I love you not because you give me access or opportunity.I love you, not because it is easy.I love you, not because it is convenient.I love you, not because you keep me from being bored.I love you, not because you promote my self-esteem.I love you, not because you love me back.I love you, not because you reinforce my worldview and values.I love you, not because I need to love something.I love you, not because I’m replacing the love I didn’t feel from my parents.It takes a special person to be able to say all of these things and mean them. I doubt either my husband or I will get there, we’re not that mature.True love isn’t a binary thing. It’s not a line you cross. It’s a journey, a long, long journey. And the longer you’re on it, the less relevant the destination becomes. Almost like life itself.I don’t give a shit if I have True Love in my marriage. Rather, I ask myself (in those rare moments when I’m being mature and reflective): Can I love my husband more purely and selflessly than I do now? The answer to that is always; YES. Yes, yes, yes.Does that mean I haven’t found True Love? Does it really matter?

Milka
    Milka
    Participant

When something of import unexpectedly transpires, the first person you think of sharing it with is them. It doesn’t matter if the event is related to something they have no expertise in, you know talking it out with them will help you relax and think things out better.You find yourself thinking about them through most of the day. While eating, driving to office or sitting bored in a class, you keep wondering what he/she must be doing at that time, or going over fond memories of the last time the two of you met.Even when you’re out in a group, all you care about is them, and how you can get close to them for a few seconds, just to hear them laugh.Even after spending HOURS together, the first person you talk to after reaching home is them. Sometimes you can’t even wait till you’re home, and start texting them at the first red-light you encounter on the way back.You know their daily routine, their favorite movie and how many times they have watched it, which celebrity they have a crush on, and when was the last time they played their favorite sport. Heck, you even know which brand of deodorant they use.

Kate
    Kate
    Participant

Being “in love” is the fluttery feeling of excitement and chemical reaction in the brain. You would think about them all the time, look forward to seeing them and send them communications all the time.LOVING someone is a very different thing. It often comes after “being in love” but not always and it’s got a lot more to do with a decision to behave in a particular way toward a particular person, than a feeling that you might have.The love that always comes through for you, in the end.I’d like to think it’s of an everlasting nature, forged from the fires of time, hardship and mutual admiration.

Alice
    Alice
    Participant

You know, I actually don’t like this concept of “true love”. Don’t get me wrong, you can certainly find a fulfilling, exciting, passionate, loving relationship. But this idea that there is one “true” love, suggest everything else is going to be false. And I really dislike that idea. I dislike it because what happens if you lost that person? Are you doomed to be unsatisfied forever after? And if there was only ever one person out there for everyone, what are the chances of finding them in a world of billions of people with 1000s of languages? (Spoiler: practically zero). But the thing I dislike the most about this concept is that it hides a truth about real relationships. Real relationships take commitment. There is give and take in a real relationship. There is learning how to communicate your needs and meet your partner’s needs. It doesn’t just fade to black after the honeymoon.And lastly, in real relationships, a couple grows together. Over time, each person shapes who the other becomes. Like two saplings wrapping arround one another as they grow, each supports the other and changes what they grow into.

Phoebe
    Phoebe
    Participant

You never know for sure. It’s life and it’s unpredictable. But you should live here and now, listen to your heart and if now you’re in love and you feel like he is you one and true love, enjoy the moment, live your life and love with your whole heart. You shouldn’t think, ‘but what if it’s not him’ or ‘what if we break up’, don’t tune yourself for negative final. If you love that person, give yourself to him and to your relationships. Do your best to make your relationships even better, than it is.

Clea
    Clea
    Participant

I cannot say that I realized it immediately, because when I met my husband for the first time I did not even memorize his name. But I laughed at jokes he was telling me and I thought that I had never felt so comfortable before. Then he touched my hand accidentally and there was something. Something which is hard to catch, to realize, to name, but it already was something. But I did not understand what it was until he disappeared from my life for some time and I could compare life with him and life without him. And I understood that life without him is not life and I don’t want it anymore. True love is a person you cannot imagine your life without

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

I like phrase from the Bible: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record or wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
    These words mean that true love is only about one person, for example, your husband or your boyfriend. It means that true love is love to everything around you, all people, all situatuons, the whole life…But if to talk about love to one person, i should say that one true love can be only to mother, because nobody can change her, and this love begins even before your birth…

Daria
    Participant

To find true love, simply be yourself, then love will find you herself. To do this, start their own study of himself, get himself in life, learn to manage themselves and when you’ll know exactly who you are and why you are here, then there is love itself, and you will find it.
    Imagine her mind. To find love, her first thing is to imagine in his subconscious mind, if this is not possible then the love or already have in your life, or you do not want it to look. All that can be represented in the mind, can be realized, as the gain of thought matter.

Ana
    Ana
    Participant

you just feel it and that is it. power of true love is so big that you can not even imagine. love can heal everything but still it has some power and can help people in difficult situations and it can show you that you are very important person for someone and they love you and want you to be healthy and strong. when people hug me i feel really the best emotions i can have, i forget about everything that hurts me and do not think about it and that is why i tend to think that it is really true,you never know in which situations you will be and what will happen with you tomorrow but you have the support of people who are very very close to you, it is very important.

Donna
    Participant

I think at the moment a lot of people consider themselves lonely. Even reading this article, you must have at least a little bit of feel lonely and looking for love, too …The main problem of this is that many are sitting and waiting for your love, putting aside this feeling for the future. A typical argument: “I fall in love with someone, then we’ll see: love it or not. I meet with anyone, and all the love that I have been saving up, buy it for its future the second half. In my opinion, to do so – it is silly.Imagine an example: All your life you save up the money himself, to find that the only thing which will spend all of this accumulated over a lifetime, starving and begging.

Mila
    Mila
    Participant

you know i think that you just feel it and that is it. you are sure that you want to be with this person for the whole life. love is the best thing in the world. i definitely feel healing when my husband hugs and kisses me. it is very pleasant when you have the person who supports you and does not live. you are sure in this person and trust him all your secrets. surgery is a very serious thing, especially hysterectomy when you do not have children. you psychological state would depends on your husband’s behaviour, it may calm you down but at the same time it may kill you.but i believe that we all have chosen the right second halves and our love would cure all the disease we suffer from.

Apple
    Apple
    Participant

While eating, driving to office or sitting bored in a class, you keep wondering what he/she must be doing at that time, or going over fond memories of the last time the two of you met.Even when you’re out in a group, all you care about is them, and how you can get close to them for a few seconds, just to hear them laugh.Even after spending hours together, the first person you talk to after reaching home is them. Sometimes you can’t even wait till you’re home, and start texting them at the first red-light you encounter on the way back.You know their daily routine, their favorite movie and how many times they have watched it, which celebrity they have a crush on, and when was the last time they played their favorite sport. Heck, you even know which brand of deodorant they use.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.