Shy to talk about this

Home Forums Chat Room Shy to talk about this

This topic contains 25 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Apple Apple 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Milka
    Milka
    Participant

What you eat may affect vaginal odor, just as it affects other parts of your body, such as your armpits, scalp, mouth, and feet. Research shows that foods with strong scents like chilies, pepper, garlic, onion, blue cheese, cabbage, fish, and broccoli tend to have the most impact. If you suspect a food might be the culprit, you could try eliminating it and see if the odor improves.Vaginal secretions during menstruation and between ovulation and your next period may have a more unpleasant odor than those during other parts of the cycle, according to some older research. Another potential hormonal cause is menopause, during which reduced estrogen levels cause vaginal tissue to thin and become less acidic. Many women undergoing menopause notice a smelly, watery discharge. If the smell causes you distress, your doctor may prescribe topical estrogen, which usually eliminates the odor in a few weeks. Since estrogen vaginal cream is absorbed to a small extent into the bloodstream, it should only be used after discussing the pros and cons with your physician.

Molly
    Molly
    Participant

Remember, that every woman has a certain smell to her vagina. If you feel the smell is offensive, onsets suddenly, or warrants a trip to the doctor – the following tips can help to eliminate vaginal odor and keep it from returning.Eating plenty of plain yogurt is found to be effective. Make sure that this is organic, unflavored yogurt, especially the non-sugary type. Yogurt is rich in lactobacillus, which helps to restore the normal vaginal pH level, helping to prevent the condition from recurring.Apple cider vinegar helps restore the acidic quality of the vaginal flora and fights off the toxins that cause infection. Simply indulge in a long bath with two to three cups of this natural antibacterial agent in your bathing water to achieve quick results.Still, any sudden change in your feminine odor is a sign your body is trying to tell you something is wrong, and it should be heeded.

Wilma
    Participant

I can understand this problem so much. As I am too very shy to talk about my problem with others, except my lovely husband. I am trying to find the way out of this confusing situation and I just can not. I do not want them to think that I am different and also I do not want to hear the words of pity from my closest people. This forum is the best way to get rid of your problems and discuss everything you want without knowing each other very good. I feel freedom at such web sites. I can be any person, I can share my problems and the only thing that I will hear is the words of support and understanding. This is very helpful. However, I hope that we will find out soon how to change our attitude to this problem.

Monica
    Monica
    Participant

Wearing a liner will cut down on the odor. And panty changes. Keep it clean. Just water and cloth will work. Or a handheld shower head. Harsh soaps will make it worse. Don’t douche. That will put anything in the vagina into the uterus. That are is self cleaning. Every vagina has a smell. No matter how much you wash. Just as so it doesn’t smell like fish or ammonia you’re good. Also, now that you’re a woman–yes you are embrace it– you’ll need to shower at least every other day. Everyday is best. You don’t have to wash your hair though. Just a quick washing, maybe 7 mins. Puberty can make your body smell more than ever. You’ll seem more sweaty, all over even your head! You’ll notice once you’re through it, the odors aren’t near as bad as they used to be and your hair won’t get as oily. If you haven’t started shaving your underarms yet, you might want to check that area. You maynot notice the smell but, others will.

Bridget
    Bridget
    Participant

Wear clean tampons and change them regularlys Avoid Douching, it is not necessary; it can damage or destroy the normal acidity of the vagina resulting in vaginal problems. If you suffer from ant type of vaginal infection, it is recommended to avoid wearing tight underwear and pants so that the vagina can breathe easier. Tight clothes can irritate the vagina and cause or increase vaginal odor. Wearing cotton panties is also important. If a vaginal infection persists despite treatment, you need to see a doctor because it could be a sign of Cancer of the cervix or vagina, Bacterial Vaginosis, Chlamydia, Genital Herpes, Gonorrhea, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), Vaginitis, Yeast Infection, etc.For women, after intercourse, it is important to go urinate. Urination after sex helps to remove any possible bacteria that may be outside or inside the vaginal canal that would go up in the urethra. Because once present, these microbes tend to go up into the bladder, and can cause recurrent urinary infections. Urination causes a cleansing effect, forcing the microbes outside.

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Vaginal odor is a problem that most women face with some times in their life. It is typically from inflammation of the vaginal area. Inflammation of the vaginal area can occur because of poor hygiene but is often a result of infection in or around the vagina.
    I know that sexually transmitted disease trichinosis can cause vaginal odor. Uncommon causes of vaginal odor include cancers and an abnormal passageway between the rectum and vagina…It’s pretty dangerous sign, dear! Also it could be a vaginal herpes or thrush. You should see a doctor, diagnosis can be usually done by recognizing the skin changes in the genital area but viral cultures, genetic amplification of HSV genome material and other tests may be done. But please don’t treat yourself at home, you may do worse!

Daria
    Participant

Do not douche. Douching, that is when you wash out the vagina with water or a special solution can actually be removed from the vagina and beneficial bacteria, which can lead to the development of infection (if it is already there), and even add it to the uterus, it will only worsen the condition. Do not use special sprays for women, which are a form of irrigation – they just irritate the walls of the vagina and can cause allergic reactions.
    Remember that the vagina is cleaned naturally. If you follow the rules of hygiene in the intimate area, it is not necessary specifically to clean the vagina, or intervene in the process of natural purification.

Ana
    Ana
    Participant

i know something about it and i hope that i will help you with your problem. it is very individual question and i think that yu understand that it may be the symptom many different diseases and i do not know what is about you. but anyway i do not think that it is very healthy and to my mind it is better to visit the doctor and know what is the route of your problem.if it accompanied by vaginal itching or burning, you could be noticing an infection or other condition. actually there may be really a lot of different infections and the most common are yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis, a bacterial infection more common in pregnant women or women who have multiple sexual partners.

Donna
    Participant

i think that citrus foods can also help your body fight infections more effectively and prevent vaginal odor. Citrus foods are rich in vitamin C, an immune booster, and they can also help remove harmful toxins present in the body.
    A strong immune system will allow your body to fight off the harmful bacteria that cause vaginal odor.
    These fruits will also help fight urinary tract infections. Simply eat fruits such as grapes, oranges, sweet lime, lemons, cranberries, grapefruits, pineapples and so on.

Mila
    Mila
    Participant

you know there are several reasons why you may suffer from this problem. i am just 3 weeks after the operation but i do not feel this odour. it could be an infection of some sort. bacterial vaginosis or a yeast Infection. i would make another appointment with the clinic and when you see the dr. tell them about the odour. don’t feel shy, that is what the dr. does all day and I bet it is nothing they have never heard before. if you refuse to go back to the dr make sure you wash the area as often as possible, and i also advise you to change the intimate soap, i am using the natural one and it has very good effect. i hope that i have helped you with this problem. good luck.

Apple
    Apple
    Participant

I think that due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, apple cider vinegar can be used to fight vaginal odor. In fact, taking a bath with apple cider vinegar is one of the simplest ways to get rid of the bad odor.
    This will help fight off the toxins and bacteria that cause vaginal odor. It will also help restore the acidic quality of the vaginal flora. Mix two cups of apple cider vinegar in warm bath water. Soak in it for about 20 minutes. Follow this remedy several times a week to get quick results. You can also drink a glass of water mixed with one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.