Which of the simple pleasures in life do you most enjoy?

Home Forums Chat Room Which of the simple pleasures in life do you most enjoy?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Apple Apple 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bridget
    Bridget
    Participant

Simple pleasures that I bask in are: First, listening to my children giggle, plot and plan the impact they will have on the world. It’s incredible and my heart swells as I imagine the destiny in which they paint. Their young minds and hearts are untarnished as they dream. Second, laying in my boyfriends arms and inhaling his scent. He has a natural scent that reminds me of wood, crackling fires and oak trees. I lay in his arms for hours enjoying his smell as it covers me perfectly like a feather blanket. Last but not least, the comforting silence that exists between my boyfriend and I. On our farm, I sit between his legs wrapped in his strong embrace. My head is nestled underneath his chin and we revel in the natural beauty that surrounds us and listen to the melodic sounds that exist on our farm. Life’s simple pleasures are oftentimes the cure for the ailments of chaos.

Monica
    Monica
    Participant

– Eating a ripe, juicy mango. Close your eyes and let the juices burst into your mouth.
    – Taking a sip of the perfect coffee (replace with your favorite warm beverage). At it’s best, it can literally relieve you of all pains.
    – Making your favorite people laugh. A simple joke, a funny comment, a little tickle, or anything that works!
    – Seeing the excitement in the manners/faces of your loved ones when you reach back home from work (most apparent with kids/dogs).
    – Going to bed tired, sleepy but not stressed.
    – Looking out of the window and stepping out to enjoy your favorite weather.
    – Having cold water when it’s hot and you’ve been thirsty for sometime.

Molly
    Molly
    Participant

Sunrises and sunsets. Always different, they range from wonderful to magical and mind-boggling. The colors, the clouds, the serenity, the wonder, the sense of oneness wit the big “U.” Castenada’s Don Juan called sunsets “the crack between the worlds” and advised, “There is a crack between the worlds and it is more than a metaphor. It is rather the capacity to change levels of attention. Don’t try to reason it out.” I’m smart enough to understand that I’m not smart enough to reason it out. Instead, a few times each week I enjoy a short walk down a beautiful lane to a private park/beach on Long Island Sound.My favorite time starts with the sun setting until the stars start showing up. 105 home owners / neighbors own the property, but it’s mostly just me and the birds and, more times than not, the waves. It’s not possible to describe the sense of wonder, awe, and the gratitude for getting to be part of such a miraculous experience. Especially when there aren’t any waves and the still water mirrors the sky. Writing about sunsets triggers an enormous smile and inner peace. :bye:

Milka
    Milka
    Participant

I’m all about the simple pleasures. A few of my favorites:
    Striking up conversations with random strangers who are completely outside my social circle. I once let a guy on the bus use my phone during a traffic jam. Turned out he just got out of prison and was on work release. He hadn’t used a cell phone for five years and had never operated a touchscreen. For the cost of a phone call, I got to talk to him for a bit and glimpse into his life.
    Free samples of expensive cheese at Whole Foods. I work next door to one, and almost always pay a visit in the afternoon, when they put their cheese du jour out. I probably eat at least $10 to $15 worth of free cheese any given week.
    Walking. It’s energizing and relaxing at the same time. If I have a particularly vexing work or personal dilemma, I’ll often ponder on it on a long walk. Not that I always solve the problem, but I’ve done so enough times that I consider it a think tank of sorts.
    Finding stuff when I walk. Money, especially. Once, I found two $20 bills in one day — one during the walk to work and one during the walk home.
    Voicemails from little kids. I don’t get those as much now that my nieces and nephews are older, but when they were toddlers it was always cool to hear their stammering voices wishing me a good day or whatever.
    Flowers and plants. I don’t garden myself, but I certainly admire other people’s efforts. I take a lot of pictures of flowers when I’m out on my walks.
    Sleeping in! I hear a lot of people say they no longer can sleep until noon once they turn 30, but this is not something I suffer from. Ok, I usually don’t let myself sleep that late, but I do like to wake up at 11 on weekdays.

Kate
    Kate
    Participant

Grocery shopping.When I was a little girl, I was thrilled when I got to go grocery shopping with my father, the cook of the family. This was a rare treat, and meant that I could help him create our week’s menus. We’d size up the meat and the produce, hunting for deals and tossing out creative dinner inspirations. Crawfish etouffee tonight? Stuffed mirlaton? Oh, look at the great deal on okra!In college, grocery shopping was a group outing. All the roommates piled into our one shared vehicle and doled out our paltry allowances to buy pastas and beer. Still, the trip meant house dinners were in our future; the shopping adventure was always a sign that we were all getting along, that Providence’s snowstorms couldn’t keep us stuck at home, that we were young and the world was ours!After college, in Manhattan, the city could be bleak and lonesome. I lived in a tiny Chinatown apartment with no kitchen to speak of, and certainly no space to cook in. A shiny new Whole Foods opened a few blocks away, and it became my haven. On cold, harsh evenings, after my long days on Wall St, I found refuge in the glittering aisles of citrus from Chile, cheese from France, and olives from Greece. Here, I could pretend that my father was by my side, humming about crabmeat ravigaut, or perhaps my college roommates and I were cooking a Saturday night spaghetti dinner.Now, in San Francisco, as 30 approaches, grocery shopping is a nightly routine with the man I love. We wander the aisles, hand in hand, choosing Napa wine and fresh artichokes, ripe peaches and wild salmon. It’s my favorite part of the day, disheveled and tired, after work/gym/errands, planning something so sweet and simple…together.

Alice
    Alice
    Participant

– Being in an extreeemly cold room, while being under a delicious feather duvet, and atleast four pillows.
    – A good bottle of red wine, absolutly anywhere.
    – Laughing so hard that I make everyone else arround me laugh. Whether i know them or not.
    – Jocking arround with my mom.
    – Answering my little brothers innocent questions… his egeernes for knowledge.
    – cuddling
    – Coffee
    – Being under the rain, and floating in the ocean.
    – An entire boat of sashimi for my self :0
    – MOVIES, my escape. The only “chill pill” that works on me.
    – My dad reciting moments in History, with names, dates, and enthusism.
    – Going to the beach with my friends ( those memories are forever).
    – My health

Phoebe
    Phoebe
    Participant

I enjoy my boyfriend’s smile, I enjoy our goingouts, I enjoy when he makes some little presents for me. I enjoy spending time with my mom, I love her so much. I enjoy delicios food, especially yogurts with fresh fruits and cupcaces with cream. I enjoy meetings with my friends. I enjoy listen to favorite music. Also I enjoy play with my dogs, I love them very much, they are so qute; I enjoy watching them sleeping))

Clea
    Clea
    Participant

Good book. Sometimes nothing can bring more pleasure than reading a good book. Books have not only educational purpose. Sometimes you need to escape to some imaginary world where everything is alright, where love and kindness win and miracles happen. It is necessary especially if your own reality falls apart and you lose faith in better. Now I am in that age that my inner child wakes up oftener and I love fantasy stories and fairy tales. I also like scientific fiction about space and aliens. Maybe we are really not alone in this universe. There are so many stars, planets and galaxies which are so far away and we are unable to discover them, to explore

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

There are a lot of things that give me pleasure in life! The first thing and i think the main one is that fact that i am alive and healthy, i also thank God that my close people are healthy and alive…but also there are more things in life which i enjoy and value in my life, among them are:
    -my family
    -my friends
    -cuddling with my beloved
    -chatting with my mom
    -giggling of little kids
    -sunrises and sunsets
    -observing beautiful nature
    -eating tasty food
    -wearing long dresses
    and many many other things..i really try to value every minute of my life :yahoo:

Daria
    Participant

Human life – this is the most amazing of what gave us the universe.
    And everyone dreams of, that it consisted of a continuous white line. But in most cases it does not happen. After all, our lives – it is the continuous development and self-improvement. If it has come a prolonged black stripe, then probably it is time something radically change and yet to begin to enjoy life.
    Pain is a great motivator to take action, which can then be decisive and completely change the destiny of every human being.

Ana
    Ana
    Participant

there are a lot of things which help me to feel better and i think that without them i would be as happy and as strong as i am now. they really make me overcome all the obstacles on y way and they actually make me stronger every day in my life. i do not know what i will do if i were alone and do not have my beloved man. i think that it is very good to feel the support and the help of your boyfriend. with the love you get i think that you may overcome all the obstacles and you may get everything you want. i like to do all my hobbies and of course i like to spend a lot of time with my friends.

Donna
    Participant

i think that it is very interesting theme and as for me I enjoy my boyfriend’s smile, I enjoy our goingouts.
    I enjoy when he makes some little presents for me. I enjoy spending time with my mom, I love her so much. I enjoy delicios food, especially yogurts with fresh fruits and cupcaces with cream.
    I enjoy meetings with my friends. I enjoy listen to favorite music. Also I enjoy play with my dogs, I love them very much, they are so qute; I enjoy watching them sleeping

Mila
    Mila
    Participant

i think that my hobbies and spending time with my husband are two things which help me enjoy my life. i think that it is not a secret that all of us has some hobbies and i know that a lot of people have even a lot of hobbies and i think that it is really great. we have to time to relax and spend alone and for us. when i am doing my hobbies i try to get distracted from the whole world, i do not worry about anything , i just live for myself and do not worry about anything else. and i think that it shall be so and i a really very happy that i have such an opportunity to do my hobbies. first of all i really like art, i like painting and in such a way i show myself and improve my skills.

Apple
    Apple
    Participant

Free samples of expensive cheese at Whole Foods. I work next door to one, and almost always pay a visit in the afternoon, when they put their cheese du jour out. I probably eat at least $10 to $15 worth of free cheese any given week.
    Walking. It’s energizing and relaxing at the same time. If I have a particularly vexing work or personal dilemma, I’ll often ponder on it on a long walk. Not that I always solve the problem, but I’ve done so enough times that I consider it a think tank of sorts.
    Finding stuff when I walk. Money, especially. Once, I found two $20 bills in one day — one during the walk to work and one during the walk home.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.